Get your iBAN for your accounts to avoid delays in your money transfers
What is an IBAN?
- A numbering system for customer's bank accounts on a national level that is based on an international standards for the unification of account numbers with a series of account number verifications.
- It is not a new account number; rather it is a sophisticated version of the current account number that allows banking Systems to process account information with ease, speed and accuracy.
- An IBAN is used for inward and outward money transfers.
What are the benefits of using an IBAN?
- It facilitates automated processing of money transfers, thus reducing manual operations and human errors.
- It mitigates financial transfers' mistakes resulting from incorrect account numbers.
- It makes financial transactions easier for bank customer's through all banking channels, including mobile, phone banking, ATM banking, Branches, E-banking, etc…
- It reduces operating costs and improves efficiency in handling financial transactions.
Will I need the IBAN of the beneficiary when I request issuing an outward transfer from my account to the beneficiary’s account with another bank in the Kingdom?
Yes, otherwise the request will be rejected.
Will I need the IBAN of the beneficiary when I request issuing an outward transfer from my account to the beneficiary’s account with my same bank in the Kingdom?
Will I need the IBAN of the beneficiary when I request issuing an outward transfer from my account to the beneficiary’s account with a bank outside of the Kingdom?
Yes in case the beneficiary’s bank exists in a country where the IBAN applies, otherwise the request will be rejected.
Will I need to provide the remitter my private IBAN to process the transfer to my account with any bank operating in the Kingdom?
How can I receive a private IBAN for my account?
- Visit any of our branches.
- Visit our website bankofjordan.com.
- Contact our Call Center at 06 5807777.
Is the IBAN required when paying with a credit card?
Will my bank work to provide me with private IBANs for all my accounts?
Yes, for all your accounts that accept outgoing transfers, incoming transfers or both.
Will my current account numbers become void when implementing the IBAN?
Important Information about the IBAN:
- An IBAN is not a new account number.
- Your listed account numbers will not change.
- An IBAN includes additional letters and numbers next to your account number to make it unique on an international level.
- In the case of receiving transfers to your account, whether from within the Kingdom or not, you must always provide your private IBAN to the remitter.
- To send transfers from your account, you must request that the beneficiary provide you with his/her private IBAN, if available.
- If you use any electronic payment channel, it is recommended that you use the IBAN Checker to confirm the accuracy of the beneficiary’s IBAN when issuing a money transfer.
It is preferable to use money transfer rather than cheques for the following reasons:
- Protection against forgery
|The IBAN consists of 30 fields|
|Kingdom Code||ID Code||Bank Code||Branch Code||Client Account Number|
To generate your IBAN Click here
For more information, please visit your nearest branch or call our Call Center around the clock at 06 5807777.