Bank of Jordan is highly concerned with information safety, security and protection and exerts extensive efforts to take all effective security measures and procedures in order to ensure safety of information. These measures include; continuously reviewing security measures and periodically checking security violations&, yet these efforts will not be fruitful without clients' understanding and commitment to the concept of information security.
- Clients may visit Bank of Jordan's website without disclosing any personal information.
- In case clients provided the Bank with any personal information such as: names, addresses or e-mails which may be necessary for mutual correspondence and communication; Bank of Jordan will be obliged to keep such information secure and not to disclose such to any third party in accordance with the effective Laws.
- Clients shall provide the bank with a means of communication and shall periodically update their information if changed, to enable the bank to contact them in cases of emergency.
- Clients shall not send any personal information or their bank account information through e-mail; as it is not a safe method of dispatching personal information.
- Clients should ensure signing out after using internet-banking services.
- The system will automatically sign out the client after a while, in case the internet-banking window is left open without being used.
- E-Linking to other Websites:
Banks offering internet-banking services are targeted sites for linking; the common means of which are emails and fake sites that ask users for sensitive information such as information of Identification Cards, Passwords, Account Information and Credit Card Information.
Thus, clients should be alert regarding these linking attempts by ensuring signing in to Bank of Jordan's official website (www.bankofjordan.com) before disclosing any information, as there are some hackers who design fake sites that look like the original websites but with small spelling differences.
Kindly keep your login password secure, change it periodically, and do not disclose it to any third party including the bank employees.
Kindly make sure to install and activate a recent virus scanning software on your PC.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
No information displayed on the Bank's Website can be used or disseminated without the bank's previous written consent.
- Limited Liability:
Browsing/using Bank of Jordan's website will be on the user's personal responsibility, as Bank of Jordan will not be responsible for any claims, losses, costs, expenses or compensations of any kind, without any private or public limitations, regarding the use of its website and the information displayed on the site.
Bank of Jordan's website on the internet may include some information from other parties subscribed to the internet. Thus, Bank of Jordan does not offer any implicit or explicit guarantees regarding any information offered by third parties or through any link to other websites on the internet. Also, Bank of Jordan bears no responsibility regarding the preciseness and credibility of information, software, offers or activities offered by any third party, websites or links that may be linked to its website.
- Security of Information:
Bank of Jordan uses a set of techniques to protect saved information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, change or deletion.
- Reporting Security Violations:
If you are in doubt of any security violation of your e-account/e-accounts, or if any transaction was executed by any other unauthorized party; you should immediately report such violation to Bank of Jordan via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +962 6 5807777.
- Bank of Jordan has the right to change or amend these terms and conditions, any other content or part of its website at any time, without dispatching any previous notice. Your entry to Bank of Jordan's website shall be regulated by the effective terms and conditions at that time.
This Privacy Notice provides you with detailed information relating to the protection of your personal data by Bank of Jordan (the “Bank”).
- WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE USE ABOUT YOU?
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary in the framework of rendering our banking and financial services and products.
We may collect various types of personal data about you, including identification information, contact information, family situation, education and employment information, banking, financial and transactional data, information related to your digital activities (IP address), data which relate to your use of our products and services, and data from your interactions with the Bank, its branches, ATM’s, internet websites, social media pages and mobile applications.
- SPECIFIC CASES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION, INCLUDING INDIRECT COLLECTION.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect information about you whereas you have not direct relationship with us. This may happen for instance when your contact details are provided by one of our clients or in case they are obtained from other sources.
- WHY AND ON WHICH BASIS DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data for various reasons, including the following:
- to comply with banking and financial laws and regulations;
- to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- to provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- to assist you and answer your requests;
- to fulfil our legitimate interests, improve our risk management and to defend our legal rights,
- to improve the quality of our banking and financial products or services, or to create new ones;
- to advertise products or services that match with your situation and profile;
- to establish aggregated statistics, tests and models, for research and development, in order to improve the risk management of the Bank;
- to administer marketing campaigns, and to communicate our products, services, offers and news; and
- To improve and personalize your experience on our websites and applications.
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In order to fulfill the aforementioned purposes, we only disclose your personal data to:
- service providers which perform services on our behalf;
- agents, intermediaries or brokers, banking and commercial partners, with which we have regular relationship;
- Legal consultant and auditors; and financial or judicial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law.
- TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE JORDAN.
For a variety of operational reasons, your personal data may be transferred to another country including countries within or outside the European Union. It may also be communicated to the service providers or sub-contractors outside Jordan who are responsible for carrying out certain practical and technical tasks on behalf of the Bank. We will use reasonable efforts to provide and put in place safeguards and adequate level of data protection to ensure the protection of your personal data.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your personal data for the longer of the period required in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or another period with regard to our operational requirements, such as proper account maintenance, facilitating client relationship management, and responding to legal claims or regulatory requests.
As we may need to regularly update this Privacy Notice, We invite you to review the latest version of this notice online and we will inform you of any material changes through our website or through our other usual communication channels.
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data under this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com